- 10am - Visit the USS KIDD. Walk the decks of the historic warship and nautical center on the Mighty Mississippi. See a full scale model of the USS Constitution gun deck and tribute to General Chennault's Flying Tigers; a fully restored P-40 fighter plane.
Note: A free trolley is available Monday - Friday from 10:30 am until 2:30 pm, providing transportation among downtown attractions.
- 11am - Walk across the street one block north to the Old State Capitol. This beautiful building houses Louisiana's political and governmental history.
- Noon - Walk back across the street to the Capital City Grill for a scrumptious meal or try many other downtown restaurants within walking distance.
- 1:15pm - A few blocks west is the Old Governor's Mansion, a Georgian style building constructed in 1930 to look like the U.S. White House.
- 2:30pm - The Louisiana State Capitol began as the dream of one man - Huey Long. It has since became a symbol of the pride, the history and the spirit of the people of Louisiana. Constructed in the 1930's, it is the tallest capital building in the United States at 450 feet high. The view from the 27th floor is spectacular.
- 3:30pm - Tour the Louisiana State Museum, across from the State Capitol; or
Option 1 - Go shopping at the Mall of Louisiana, Exit #162
Option 2 - Visit the Rural Life Museum. The Museum is a 450-acre research plantation including a commissary, overseer's house, kitchen, slave cabin, sick house, school house, blacksmith shop, sugar house and grist mill and barn. Exit #160
- 7pm - Dine at a restaurant close to your West Baton Rouge Hotel or choose from the many great Baton Rouge Restaurants.