- 8:30am - Depart from your West Baton Rouge Hotel and travel approximately 90 miles to the French Quarter in New Orleans on I-10 East. Arrive downtown New Orleans at about 9:45 or 10am
- 10am - First stop is Cafe' Du Monde for coffee and beignets in the French Market near Jackson Square.
- 10:30 - 12:30pm - Tour the famous Jackson Square. Visit the Cabildo, the site of the signing of the Louisiana Purchase. See the Presbytere's splendid Mardi Gras regalia, and at the Old U.S. Mint see memorabilia and photos in the Jazz exhibit, including Louis Armstrong's first horn. Stroll the square's many shops, and be entertained by street entertainers and artists.
- 12:30 - 2pm - Lunch time in the French Quarter.
- 2pm - (Option One) Visit the Aquarium of the Americas, one of the top five aquariums in the U.S., and the Entergy IMAX Theatre. If time permits cross the street to visit the Riverwalk, located on the mighty Mississippi River.
2pm - (Option Two) Take a river cruise on one of the several steamboat lines. Various points of interest and destinations available. See the steam engine room, listen to a jazz band, and enjoy the steam calliope concert.
- 4:30 - 5pm - Return to West Baton Rouge and dine at a place of your choosing.